Monday, May 15, 2017

Hiking, day 31: Sandstone Ranch

Took a bit of a shorter hike today, since my husband and I are celebrating our wedding anniversary today! I headed over to one of the local parks, and there was so much wildlife out today!

Here's a shot of some of the fossils at Sandstone Ranch.



This cute little fella was hanging out under a tree next to the trail.

The trail runs by some oil fields, one of which is home to a fair amount of prairie dogs.


Couldn't quite get a better picture, but there are some huge fish in the river!



This pair of geese is always hanging out by the pond next to the farm house.


As I was leaving, I couldn't believe I was watching a turkey walk across the path in front of me!

A view of the old sugar mill and the mountains.

Panorama of the sandstone formations.

No comments:

Post a Comment