Sunday, January 7, 2018

Hiking, day 4: Kona, Hawaii

After 22 hours of being awake through three different flights, we mostly relaxed today. But we still did a pretty big jaunt around downtown in the morning, then got a bit of swimming in in the afternoon.

Hulihe's Palace, right across the street from our hotel. Haven't visited yet, but it's on my to-do list this week.

There are some crazy huge trees around here. The pictures really don't do them justice.

Tree roots.



Hey there, little buddy!








Here's the view from the hotel beach.  I didn't expect to see much marine life since it was so crowded, but I was pleasantly mistaken! I busted out my underwater camera and got some friendly fish to pose - even though it was overcast at this point, I was happy with some of the shots I got!




(He's hard to see - just below the rock to the center left.)

I wish I had gotten a better shot of this mint blue fish - but there's plenty of more opportunities this week!






















Dude next to me at the pier caught this fish while I was watching the sunset. (He threw him back!)


For our late night dinner, we hit up the brewpup across the street, and then little fella came up and joined us on the second floor for desert!

No comments:

Post a Comment